If you’re thinking about joining the ranks of successful franchise ownership you might look before you leap! We at Shear Madness Franchising (franchisor of Shear Madness Haircuts for Kids) have put together a list of ten things that might help you decide if you’re ready to take that next step into this rewarding – yet challenging - opportunity.
1. Are you financially sound? Take a look at your financial resources, and make sure you’ll have enough to not only invest in starting up your business – but run it for 3 to 6 months. And then consider that your income will be very small, but should grow slowly for the next 2 to 3 years while your business is becoming established.
2. Do you value business integrity? As a franchise owner, you’ll have a lot of eyes watching you. From your employees, to your customers and neighbors in the community, being a good example for others to follow will not only help you succeed in the long run – but also helps others succeed too.
3. Are you task oriented? Are you a task-oriented person who understands the benefit in following a set of guidelines dedicated to the successful operation of a franchise? After all, there’s a reason why your favorite Hamburger Franchise doesn’t sell taco food!
4. Are you a team player? Franchise owners are great team players that enjoy working with people. Running a franchise means not only fostering a great environment for your customers, but for your employees, other franchises within the franchise family, and even the folks who are working hard on your behalf at your franchise corporate headquarters!
5. Do you want to delight your customers? Delight customers with efficient services and promptly returned emails and phone calls. And don’ forget to smile, say “Thank You”, and let your customers and employees know how much you appreciate the work they do!
6. Are you resilient? Enthusiasm, optimism, and the ability to bounce back when a difficult business challenge presents itself are all key to being successful as a franchise owner. Apathy, a low incentive to succeed, or constant worry will hinder the growth of your business.
7. Do you have a marketing mindset? Franchise owners enjoy finding unique ways to promote their business in their communities. From taking part in parades, local sporting events, and much more – there’s many opportunities within your community to get the word out about what your business offers!
8. Do you love to learn? Are you someone who enjoys reading, listening to podcasts, attending seminars and talking with others about how to better run a business?
9. Do you enjoy networking? The more you share and build each other up, the better! Franchise owners who work with other franchises and communicate what works and what doesn’t will have a competitive advantage over those who don’t!
10. Are you a person of focus? Don’t fall victim to being a jack-of-all trades, and a master of none. The risk here is that by spreading yourself to thin, you’ll limit how effective and productive you can be - which may result in poor products or services. Zero in on achieving perfection!
One thing to remember is that when an individual buys into a franchising opportunity with Shear Madness Haircuts for Kids, they won’t be going at it alone. Our team excels at being a partner who wants our franchise owners to succeed! If you’d like to learn more tips on how to achieve success from our team of business experts, click the below banner.