Are you or someone you know interested in owning your own business, but not sure how to go about it? Perhaps you're looking for an opportunity to diversify your portfolio, or gain a little more financial security for the future? Or maybe you just want a change of pace, and want to find a way to help make a positive difference in your community? Whatever the case may be, Shear Madness Haircuts for Kids is currently experiencing rapid growth in this profitable industry. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, America's salons and spas do around $46 billion in sales annually (see professional beauty association)! And with opportunities all across the United States to own your own kids hair salon franchise business, perhaps now is the time to take the first step towards finding out how YOU can become a part of the Shear Madness Haircuts for Kids family! Following are our five important steps towards potentially owning your own fantastic kids hair salon!
1. Take time to investigate! Is running a kids salon right for you? Can you do it on your own, or will you need help? Joining a franchise system provides help - but they are not all created equally, nor do they all have the same culture, etc. Not only are there quite a number of hair salon franchises available out there, but there's a number of kids hair salon franchises too. And understandably, they aren't all the same either. Some may have different costs associated with them, or different ways of trying to help a franchise owner achieve business success. So make sure you take the time to carefully research those options which are most appealing to you by talking with the franchisor, taking a look at their franchise documents (like the item 7) and discussing how the franchise system works with other franchisees who have invested into it. How much support do they offer? Is there a significant operating manual? How long is training? Are there good systems in place to prevent theft, train staff, communicate with the franchisor, continued development for the future?
2. Explore Your Finances! As you might guess, starting up a business takes a lot of time and money. Prospective franchisees may have a significant amount of savings in place, while others might have to secure some additional financing options through business loans or partnerships. Some of the ways you can determine just how much you'll need is by talking to the franchisor of the system you're interested in. When you do, be sure to ask them about licensing fees, franchising fees, costs for technology (computers, televisions, etc), how much rental space for your business might be, furniture costs, employment and insurance costs, utilities and retail. Again, this is where documents like the item 7 can be very useful!
3. Select Your Space Carefully! A great franchisor will help franchisees research the demographics of an area, and will assist in selecting the right site for your business. Shear Madness Franchising, for example, will carefully analyze demographic data and even travel to the area to help the franchisee in determining which locations might be best suited for their kids hair salon. For example, some areas might not have many kids that live close by, there might be a competitor already there, or the drive-by or walk-by traffic might be too low. Additionally, a franchisor should help assist in rent negotiation and making sure there are no hidden fees or unusual situations involved with a potential space.
4. Hire the Right Staff! Sometimes it can be quite a struggle finding the right people to manage and work at your new business. However, franchisors can help in this area by providing resources, marketing materials or advertising to help in hiring staff. They also help in training staff, and assisting managers and employees in adhering to the franchise system (which in turn helps contribute to your business being successful).
5. Network and Set Realistic Goals! While running your own business and making a positive difference in your community can be extremely rewarding, as stated above, it can take a lot of time and money too. Be sure to set realistic goals for your business that can be achieved without burning you out, or putting undue stress on family relationships. Also, it can be a good idea to network with other franchisees within the franchise system, or join professional trade organizations for the ideas and encouragement that can come from fellow business owners. However, a great franchise system will help provide many of the resources you need so that you don't feel like you're going at it alone. For example, Shear Madness Franchising franchises Shear Madness Haircuts for Kids salons. We have worked with franchise stores in providing franchisee support (in order to encourage continual growth and business success), and have sometimes seen the unexpected happen! When it does, we help by identifying and helping with challenges that might arise for franchisees. Additionally, we work to present options that can help prevent these events as well. As many franchise owners may not have opened a business before, having someone who can advise them is a significant advantage of franchise ownership!
Are you interested in learning how YOU can join the Shear Madness Haircuts for Kids family and run your own successful small business? We are currently looking for franchise prospects throughout the United States - and especially Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Lincoln, Denver and St.Louis! We are one of the fastest growing kids hair salons in the industry today! If you would like to learn more about this franchise opportunity or franchise investments, great marketing strategies, resources for small businesses, how to grow your small business or how to become a successful owner of your own kids hair salon franchise business, please click below or call 1-888-98 GONE MAD